- Pearl (Primary School)
- Amethyst (Junior Secondary)
- Sapphire (Senior Secondary)
Team Problem Solving ChallengeThis challenge lasts 30 minutes and consists of 20 problems that team member’s consisting of three students/pupils work together to solve. Team member interaction is permitted and encouraged. Calculators are permitted.
Target RoundsThis round has the competitor working individually (compete under their school). This round has approximately 20 minutes and consists of ten problems. This round features multi-step problems that engage students in mathematical reasoning and problem-solving processes. Calculators are permitted
- The Maths challenge is open to pupils and students from the private and public schools within Gombe state. Directors or school administration would register their students/pupils.
- There are restriction on the composition of a team. Teams may consist of students from the challenge category..
- Schools must submit every competitor’s current report card/transcript reflecting competitor’s date of birth and current class. Report card must be submitted alongside other registration paper work.
- Each participant must appear in the school approved uniform with .
- Teams must consist of 2-3 students. Teams consisting of 1 student will not be allowed to compete.
- Teams are allowed to interact with members of their theme only.
- Each team members’ name, school name, must be completely filled out on the answer sheet. If any of the above items are incomplete, the team will be disqualified.
- Scientific calculators may be used by students in senior secondary school. Graphing calculators are not allowed.
- Devices with embedded calculator functions or any electronic signaling devices such as cell phones, iPod/iPad, laptops, smart watches or tablet computers are strictly prohibited.